Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Poem & Sugar Cookie Recipe


I picked Haley up from preschool and she handed me yet another art project. This time a poem right in the center of the hand printed wreath from those cute 3 year old hands. It seems as though I get really frustrated these days with her and her 3 year old attitude but this poem actually made me cry:

Sometimes you get discouraged because I am so small,
And always leave my fingerprints on the furniture and walls.
But every day I'm growing up and soon I'll be so tall.
That all the little fingerprints will be hard to see at all.
So parents dear I give you my hand as it was this December(2008)
Then when I grow up big and strong, you'll have this to remember.

Best Sugar Cookie Recipe Ever

1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla

mix and chill dough
place on ungreased cookie sheet
Bake 375 for 6-9 minutes. Cookies will puff in the oven.

1 comment:

Lara said...

I like the recipe we got from Grandma DeVries. (I think it's from Grandma DeVries, at least.) But I'll have to give this one a try.