Sunday, December 16, 2007

Save All Original Receipts



Well, here I thought I was being a good girl and getting gift receipts for all my holiday gifts but come to find out this week, a gift receipt is like having no receipt.

I bought a few things as Christmas gifts at Walmart but later decided to do something else instead. I had kept the gift receipt but put the real receipt in a drawer with many other receipts and instead of finding it really quick, I figured I would just use the gift receipt knowing I would just get a gift card in return for the returned items.

When I went to return it, they offered me the sale price in the store as opposed to the actual price I payed for the item. So I went and searched for the original receipt to find out that I paid the full price. When I tried to confront them concerning this and get the rest of my money back, they said I couldn't do that. I told them I would go buy the items again at the sale price now and return them with the original receipt. They proceeded to tell me I couldn't do that either. That's when all hell broke loose.

Anyway, to save any of you the long drawn out hassle of returns after or during the holiday, don't hassle with the gift receipt. Give the original receipt with the price blacked out. After all, these stores want every penny they can get and don't want you to know about it.

2 comments:

Lara said...

Thanks for the tip, Susan. BTW- does that receipt say order #666???

regibells said...

WOW! this really gets me worked up. I cannot beleive that any store would stoop to that level...thanks for saving me the pain...I can see it now...all Hell breaks loose part II