Monday, January 28, 2008

Gordon B. Hinckley, You'll Be Missed


On January 27th, 2008, I received the sad news as I lay in bed after a long day. I hear the news reporter come on the television, "At 97, the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has passed away."

I can't help but to have happy tears as I hear about what a great life we get to celebrate. The life of one of the most powerful men in history. I have never met this man, but have felt his love and great power.

“If we will live the gospel, if we will put our trust in God, our Eternal Father, if we will do what we are asked to do as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we will be the happiest and most blessed people on the face of the earth”(President Gordon B. Hinckley ).

4 comments:

regibells said...

Thanks for your thoughts, He truly was an amazing and inspirational Prophet of God.

Leezy Lindsey said...

I am sad to lose this wonderful man. I think you said it best when you said that "even though you have never met him, you have felt his love and great power." He had a way of making everyone feel that way.

Anonymous said...

DITTO!

Anonymous said...

So very true. Just looking at photos and images of this extraordinary man of god brings a smile to my face. I can just imagine how joyful the reunion was for he and Marjorie P. I will miss him too.