Monday, October 01, 2007

Fall Favorites

Pumpkin Pancakes

2 cups pancake or waffle mix
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 12-ounce evaporated milk
1 cup pumpkin
3 Tbsp veg. oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs

Mix all together and beat until smooth. Cook like regular pancakes.


(This is an awesome recipe to try with the pancakes. My aunt gave me this one and now it's the family favorite)

Buttermilk syrup

1 cup butter(not margarine)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix first 3 together until melted on stove top. Add baking soda and vanilla. It will foam so use a little bigger sauce pan to allow for that.



Poppy Seed Pasta Salad

1 pkg. ruffle or wheel pasta, cooked drained and cooled
1/2 cup red seedless grapes(cut in 4ths)
2 cups cooked chicken
1/3 cup red chopped onion
1 1/2 cup ranch out of the bottle dressing
1/4 cup honey
1 Tbsp poppy seed

Mix first 4 ingredients, set aside. Mix next 3 in another bowl and pour over pasta mixture. If you want to make it ahead, add a little extra ranch before serving. This makes quite a bit.

7 comments:

Leezy Lindsey said...

Yum yum! Thanks for posting this Susan! I can't WAIT to make the pumpkin pancakes with your syrup!

P.S. Thanks for entertaining Blake & Sadie on Saturday! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina said...

All three of those are delicious! Thanks for posting them. When you have pumpkin pancakes, life is good.

Lara said...

All I can say is Yum! I'm ready to cook!

Shelley said...

I definitely want to make the pumpkin pancakes, but I was wondering if Bisquick works, or just plain pancake mix? I hope that's not a stupid question!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the recipie for the pasta salad. I have been craving it ever since we had it last time. I think my work might enjoy it too. It seems I am always feeding them. Maybe that is why they like me.

Susan said...

Shelly
Yup... I think bisquick works fine. Enjoy!!!